IPA Board Meeting Outcomes:
The IPA Executive Board met Tuesday 23rd June in Brisbane and the current situation of our association was discussed. Some of the issues discussed and outcomes of the meeting include:
- Thanks to members for giving us their feedback in our survey. It is clear that we need to work on increasing IPA visibility and continue to provide resources and information for our members. We have heard in this survey that there has been a lot more communication with members initiated both by IPA and also members being more proactive. Thank you to all who have participated we value your feedback!
- An IPA Accreditation Complaint Procedure was discussed & work has commenced to produce a documented procedure to handle any complaints. The plan is to have the document available to members on our website so that it is open and transparent.
- An updated Industry Standards & Code of Practise document is also being worked on.
- Marketing the benefits of using IPA accredited members to councils and business was on the agenda.
- We congratulate Jarrett Indoor Plant Hire on recently achieving accreditation;
- Victoria has a marketing workshop coming up, see details below. For members in other states, we will be running workshops in key areas nationally throughout the year. Details to TBC.
- Board member Julie Watson from Green Design (NSW) has been working closely with the GBCA on the IPA’s behalf to grow the relationship, share information and keep our members informed.
And finally, we encourage all our members to contact their regional offices to give us feedback at any time or to bring issues to the table for the Board to discuss:
- Nerida Hills (President IPA), from Nerida’s Interior Plantscaping, based in Melbourne will be available to speak to any members about IPA issues, ideas or suggestions. Victorian members please feel free to contact Nerida on M: 0408108010 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Likewise, in NSW Chris Wilkins from Podplants will be your IPA regional office contact. Chris will be available by M: 0411 124 747 or E: email@example.com.
For more information contact Elaine Tunn M: 0452 590 255, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.