Job listings is another service provided for members of the Interior Plantscape Association.
- If you are a member and would like to have your vacancy listed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’re not a member and would like to list a job, you can join the Interior Plantscape Association here.
- And if you are seeking a job within our industry please check the advertisement for the details on who to apply to.
Brisbane – JOB VACANCY
Job Description: Casual Retail Nursery Sales Assistant
At Urban Plant Boutique, urbanplantboutique.com.au/jobs we source quality plants & designer pots to help people create lush urban spaces. Our focus is on interior and patio spaces so our products are selected with this and our customer’s needs in mind. All plants are hand picked for quality and we help customers choose the right plant for the right space to ensure they have the most positive experience possible. We’re passionate about plants and pride ourselves on having horticultural knowledge that we can pass onto our customers.
We’re a boutique sized retail nursery that opened in 2020. Due to overwhelming growth, we are now expanding our team and looking for another Sales Assistant in a casual capacity. We need someone available to work 1 to 4 days between Tuesday and Saturday. For the right person, there is potential for a management level role within the next 6 months. We’re looking for someone who loves chatting with customers about their needs and is passionate about plants and their care.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Welcoming customers into the Boutique
- Assisting customers to select the right product for their situation
- Making sales through our POS system
- Watering and caring for plants
- Opening and closing of the Boutique – this Includes lifting of up to 10kg
- Receiving deliveries and unpacking goods
- Creating design focused merchandising display
- Passionate about plants and knowledge of indoor plant varieties and their care is essential
- A Certificate in Horticulture OR currently studying Horticulture OR extensive experience with indoor plants and their care
- Must be passionate about working with plants
- Minimum one year of retail experience (any Industry)
- Possess a positive attitude and demonstrated initiative to help customers with solutions
- Proven time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Proven organisational skills with an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Carries out responsibilities with a focus on attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new things
- Knowledge of point of sale systems and processes gained through retail experience
- Good eye for interior design
Benefits of working with Us
- Beautiful work environment
- Career progression for the right person
- Employee discount
Please email the following:
- Cover letter that includes
- Your responses to the selection criteria
- Days you are available to work
We look forward to hearing from you!
Boutique Owner and Horticulturalist,
102 Kedron Brook Road,
Posted 3rd August 2022